DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: While we hope this blog will be a way for friends and family to follow our adventures in France, we also intend for it to be a sort of diary of our trip. That said, there will be some minutiae contained herein which you may find totally irrelevant and completely boring. Please feel free to skip and just look at the pretty pictures.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Twelve: Medieval Castle, An Idiot Falls, and the Dordogne

Today we went to visit Castelnaud, a very popular castle in France whose history stretches back almost one thousand years. I thought it looked pretty majestic:


Adding Kenny and some euro cars to the shot gives it something extra, don't you think?


We decided to sport our best French attitudes at lunch:




Off to storm the Castle!

Requisite shot:













As part of the castle, there is a museum of medieval warfare. The girls testing out the machinary. Eliza is frighteningly adept at maneuvering it:


Eliza admires the shining armor, sans Knight:


Ah, and here is the cannon that downed the idiot American tourist. While talking to Kenny and not looking where I was going, I tripped over it, and fell flat on the floor. Yes, I cut my foot and banged up my legs, but my pride was far more injured. Surely the man who crafted this tool of war had not intended it for the purpose it served today. And certainly, somewhere in his decrepit grave, he is laughing his little medieval ass off:


Bruised and defeated, I stayed home while Kenny took the girls to the river for a swim:




Typical French beach tableau, complete with naked baby and grown man pretending not to be naked in a speedo:



A little post-swim sunbathing...




Can you make out the bump on my right shin? I am oh so proud. I have several others but this is the best. Look forward to seeing its evolution over the next few days.


However, I picked up Tina Fey's _Bossypants_ and quickly forgot my embarrassing run in with medieval weaponry:



Even more laughter ensued when we picked up Kenny's world champ-mobile-- a twingo. It looks more like he's wearing the car than driving it...


The girls had to get an inside glimpse at its diesely sweetness..


Our Euro cars together, for just one night:


After a swim, our mechanical engineer in training closes the pool for the evening...



No comments:

Post a Comment